To ensure websites load quickly, browsers cache files and content when users first visit a website and then serve content from cache on subsequent visits.
Caching may cause issues when the source page or content change, but the browser continues to use cached version of the page. This may mean that some of the functionality doesn't work properly or the latest content is not available.
To make sure you have access to the latest version of the page you are using, it is worth clearing the cache in your browser regularly. Following steps explain how to clear cache in some of the most frequently used browsers. You may need to refer to the support pages for your specific browser if it is not listed below.
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots on the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Go to Privacy, Search and Services
- Under the Clear browsing data option, click on Choose what to clear
- Select the checkbox Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
- Click on the Clear button
- Click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner
- Click on History or go to More tools
- Click on Clear browsing data on the left sidebar
- In the popup that appears, select a “time range” and the options Cookies and Other site data and Cached Images and files
- Click on Clear data
- Click on the 3 vertical lines on the top right corner
- Click on Library and then History
- Click on Clear Recent History
- In the popup that appears, select a “time range” and the options Cookies, Cache, etc.
- Click on Clear Now
- On the keyboard, press Command+Y
- Click on Clear browser history
- In the popup that appears, select the time range and then click on Clear History
All guidance above is correct at the time of publishing this article. For latest information please refer to the online support available from each of the browser providers.
If the above methods fail to resolve issues you are seeing, please let us know by raising a support ticket here: https://support.environment.data.gov.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new.
Please sign in to leave a comment