The following Ordnance Survey datasets are available to some registered users on the Defra Data Services Platform:
- 1:25,000 Scale Colour Raster
- 1:50,000 Scale Colour Raster
- AddressBase Premium
- Code Point
- Code Point with Polygons
- MasterMap Topography
- VectorMap Local
- VectorMap District Backdrop Raster
- VectorMap District Colour Raster
If you download any of these datasets from the Data Services Platform, the exact licence for your use of them will vary as follows:
If you are registered on the Defra Data Services Platform as Defra-body Staff, your use of the data is covered by the Ordnance Survey Public Sector Mapping Agreement licence. Contact your licensing team for further details.
Environment Agency contractors
If you are registered on the Defra Data Services Platform as a Defra-body contractor, and you require the data to fulfil a contract with the Environment Agency, these conditions apply:
- This Information may only be used by you:
- for the purposes of the Contract you have to do work for the Environment Agency, and
- for your internal use only but this does not prevent you from passing it back to the Environment Agency or (subject to condition 2 below) to a subcontractor who complies with these conditions and
- you destroy all copies of the Information at the end of the Contract subject only to any retentions necessarily required by statute or otherwise by legal obligation but or for archive purposes for the sole purpose of addressing a complaint or challenge from a regulator or the National Audit Office in relation to your use of the Information provided that such continued retention shall not continue beyond termination pursuant to condition 4 below.
- You will not supply the Information to any third party unless we expressly and separately authorize this in writing as a variation of your licence.
- This licence shall terminate on 31/03/2021 or on earlier termination of the Environment Agency’s arrangement with Ordnance Survey. We will attempt to give you three months notice of such termination.
- The restrictions and obligations in the Ordnance Survey PSMA Licence, shall apply to you, including where applicable Appendix 3 thereof, in relation to any Royal Mail data.
- Rights that Ordnance Survey (and where applicable Royal Mail) reserve in the PSMA Licence are likewise reserved in this licence.
- Ordnance Survey has no liability towards you in relation to the Information or under the PSMA Licence.
- This condition is entered into for the benefit of Ordnance Survey who shall have direct rights to enforce relevant provisions in this licence against you pursuant to the Contractor (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Environment Agency partners
If you are registered on the Defra Data Services Platform as a WFD/CaBA/IDB partner, and you require the data for work supports the achievement of the Environment Agency's statutory functions, these conditions apply:
- "OS Data" means a) Ordnance Survey products licensed to the Environment Agency that are not OS OpenData and b) Environment Agency products that use such Ordnance Survey products in their creation and that (i) incorporate or infringe Ordnance Survey intellectual property rights or cannot be used without the original Ordnance Survey data, and ii) are not Free to Use Data as defined in the OS PSMA Member licence ("PSMA Licence") a copy of which can be seen on the Ordnance Survey website.
- You must only use the Information for the specified Co-Deliverer activity which supports the Environment Agency’s statutory functions.
- One or more of the following conditions must also be complied with as a result of the Information containing Ordnance Survey Data:
- you have an Ordnance Survey Public Sector Use, Educational Use or Business Use licence for the same OS Data used and for the area of coverage as the Information and provide us with written confirmation of your eligibility under this paragraph, and/or
- you will use the Information only to enable you to correspond or otherwise interact with the Environment Agency in connection with its environmental functions, and use under this paragraph will be internal only unless both the Environment Agency and Ordnance Survey agree otherwise in writing. You agree that by using the Information under this paragraph you are accepting that the terms of this licence will also act as a click acceptance of a licence with the Environment Agency on the terms set out in the Ordnance Survey PSMA Licence "Public Sector End User Licence" whereby the Environment Agency is the Licensor, you are the End User, and the "Supplied Data" means the Information, and/or
- you are an emergency service, that is to say a person, body or entity involved in responding immediately to an emergency that is an unforeseen act or event beyond your reasonable control requiring you to respond urgently. You may use the Information only for the purposes of such response and provided that you advise us in writing within a month of the Information and geographical coverage you used, with the date and nature of the emergency and how the Information was needed.
Partners and contractors of other Defra bodies
If you are registered on the Defra Data Services Platform as a Defra-body contractor or WFD/CaBA/IDB partner, and you require the downloaded data to fulfil a contract with a Defra body other than the Environment Agency, or if your work supports the achievement of this body’s statutory functions, then you must contact them to acquire a licence before the data can be used.